DMI believes data syndication isn’t just about getting data from point A to point B. It’s about providing a centralized datamart that supports enterprise-class real-time business intelligence.
The approach of our dedicated Data Management team is to fully automate processes to the highest degree possible using our proprietary InfoIQ® technology, reducing cost and maximizing dealer participation, to deliver the highest level of data service to our clients.
InfoIQ is also designed for scalability and to accommodate growth. Our flexible and modular architecture allows for the rapid customization and configuration of solutions as well as the ability to scale to the challenges of the largest size without compromising on fault tolerance or maintainability.
Our InfoIQ™ technology subjects your business data to a rigorous process to ensure that it is accurate, comprehensive and up-to-date:
- Cleansing raw data of errors and inconsistencies, standardizing on common formats and highlighting exceptions to InfoIQ Support Center associates to be corrected.
- Enhancing the data by correcting errors introduced during data entry and adding any missing information.
- Applying your business rules or logic, accommodating idiosyncrasies in data entry procedures and supporting the flexibility dealers require in program administration.
Some of InfoIQ's data enhancement processes include interior/exterior description, trim level and color standardization, service operation description standardization, vehicle identification number (VIN) decoding, USPS address validation, and email append.
The result is clean, complete and consistent data that requires no further processing and is ready to use.
OEMs and third-parties rely on DMI to consistently deliver the highest quality data in the industry. Our InfoIQ® service includes rigorous data processing, cleansing, and quality assurance procedures. We deliver data that is rich, complete, and clean.
Our available Data Validation module can be configured to support your program requirements. It examines each record and file collected from your dealers. We use an automated process to examine if your data makes sense; for example:
- Are there 10 times more used cars in a dealer’s inventory today than yesterday?
- Is the number of sales or service records too far from the average?
- Are there prices that are too high or two low?
Data Validation not only tests for the presence of data elements, but also for the credibility of those elements.
We have over 15 years experience delivering high quality data to the automotive industry, and we believe that’s why more manufacturers and third-parties come to us than any other data aggregator.
DMI has strict policies on the handling of data—it’s at the core of what we do.
- We believe that dealers own their data and should control who accesses their data and how that data is used.
- DMI does not share any data without permission.
- DMI uses best-in-class enterprise technology for the transmission and storage of data. DMI’s security architecture includes:
- Application Security — DMI’s InfoIQ® Administrator tightly restricts data access to appropriately authorized support personnel.
- Data Encryption — We encrypt sensitive data where appropriate using the best encryption technologies available.
- Stored Data — Data at rest is stored in a secure, enterprise database located behind firewalls. Access to data is controlled using a hierarchical, segmented security model. All data is stored on enterprise storage platforms located in DMI’s Data Center.
- DMI associates must complete annual security training and agree to corporate security policies. We have a culture of vigilant security awareness at all of our locations.
We support data protection and privacy regulations in every market we serve around the world. We would be happy to talk with you about our security strengths. Please contact us.
DMI’s InfoIQ® service also provides an intuitive interface, called InfoIQ Administrator, which enables DMI clients to:
- Submit enrollments
- Manage data approval
- View program management structure
- Maintain a catalog of service incidents
- Access other DMI utilities, such as our Data Viewers, with the ability to search and view the enhanced data
- Access custom reports
- Remain in constant communication with DMI